Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
- Channel Advisor
- Amazon Settlement Report
- Other Partners
- Connex Match Deposit Tool
- Connex Spreadsheet Import Tool
- Roaster Tools
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
The transaction could not be saved because the quantity on hand of item would go negative
Negative inventory will throw off profit and loss and other reports. If the error persists, QuickBooks has a setting to disable selling negative quantities.
How do I resolve this issue?
There are three ways to resolve the error:
- The product is missing from QuickBooks. You can map the incoming SKU to another item that has stock in QuickBooks.
- You sell assemblies and you can instruct Connex to build assemblies, if they are out of stock.
- You can allow QuickBooks to sync negative quantities.
Can I instruct Connex to make no new items in QuickBooks?
We recommend instructing Connex to create no new products. For more details on the set-up, read this guide. Connex will alert you that products must be mapped.
How do I build assemblies?
Here are the steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage.
- On the configure page, expand inventroy.
- Expand advanced inventory.
- Check build assemblies:
Connex will set the build assembly date to the day before the sale was placed. This ensures QuickBooks can properly calculate the stock.
How do I enable negative stock in QuickBooks?
Here are the steps to enable selling negative quantities:
- In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences
- On the left, click items and inventory.
- Click company preferences.
- Ensure that don't allow negative quantities is unselected:
Can I just add stock?
You can create a PO in QuickBooks. Then, create a bill and receive inventory in the day before the sale.