Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
- Connex for QuickBooks Product Overview
- Getting Started with Connex Desktop
- Connex Quickbooks Online
- Customers Matching
- Inventory Site
- Inventory Sync
- Price Levels
- Purchase Orders
- Sales Tax
- Sales Orders
- Sync Orders from QuickBooks Desktop
- Unit of Measure
- Web Connector
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
The transaction could not be saved because the quantity on hand of item would go negative
Negative inventory will throw off profit and loss and other reports. If the error persists, QuickBooks has a setting to disable selling negative quantities.
There are three ways to resolve the error:
- The product is missing from QuickBooks. You can map the incoming SKU to another item that has stock in QuickBooks. Read this guide on mapping products.
- You sell assemblies and you can instruct Connex to build assemblies, if they are out of stock.
- You can allow QuickBooks to sync negative quantities.
How do I enable negative stock in QuickBooks?
Here are the steps to enable selling negative quantities:
- In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences
- On the left, click items and inventory.
- Click company preferences.
- Ensure that don't allow negative quantities is unselected: