Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
- Amazon Settlement Report
- Channel Advisor
- Custom Store
- Magento 2
- Match Deposit Tool
- Other Partners
- Roaster Tools
- Spreadsheet Import Tool
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
The transaction could not be saved because the quantity on hand of item would go negative
Negative inventory will throw off profit and loss and other reports. If the error persists, QuickBooks has a setting to disable selling negative quantities.
There are three ways to resolve the error:
- The product is missing from QuickBooks. You can map the incoming SKU to another item that has stock in QuickBooks. Read this guide on mapping products.
- You sell assemblies and you can instruct Connex to build assemblies, if they are out of stock.
- You can allow QuickBooks to sync negative quantities.
How do I enable negative stock in QuickBooks?
Here are the steps to enable selling negative quantities:
- In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences
- On the left, click items and inventory.
- Click company preferences.
- Ensure that don't allow negative quantities is unselected: