Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
The transaction could not be saved because the quantity on hand of item would go negative
Negative inventory will throw off profit and loss and other reports. If the error persists, QuickBooks has a setting to disable selling negative quantities.
There are three ways to resolve the error:
- The product is missing from QuickBooks. You can map the incoming SKU to another item that has stock in QuickBooks. Read this guide on mapping products.
- You sell assemblies and you can instruct Connex to build assemblies, if they are out of stock.
- You can allow QuickBooks to sync negative quantities.
How do I enable negative stock in QuickBooks?
Here are the steps to enable selling negative quantities:
- In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences
- On the left, click items and inventory.
- Click company preferences.
- Ensure that don't allow negative quantities is unselected: