If you lack inventory and you have enough raw materials, then Connex will build them.
Is there a demo?
Watch the last part of this video:
Can Connex build assemblies?
Yes, here are the steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage.
- Expand inventory.
- Expand advanced inventory. Scroll down and check build assemblies.
Connex will build assemblies under these circumstances:
- The SKU in your store matches an existing assembly.
- The inventory assembly's quantity on hand minus the total from the order is zero or less.
- You have enough raw materials.
What date does Connex use to build assemblies?
Connex maps the order creation date minus a day to the build assembly date. This ensures QuickBooks has enough stock prior to the sale date. If you map the shipped date to the QuickBooks date, then Connex would use the ship date minus a day. If Connex failed to subtract a day and you lacked stock, then you would get this error:
The transaction could not be saved because the quantity on hand of item Survival Kit would go negative to -1 on 2017-11-15. Please ensure that the products you are selling have inventory.
Can Connex build assemblies for historical sales?
Connex looks at the current quantity on hand and decides whether to build assemblies. If you have 83 units available on February 14th, 0 units on February 6th and synced an order on February 6th, then the sync would fail.
To resync the sale, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, click inventory.
- Click build assembly.
- Create a build assembly for the day before the sale. In this case, the sale date was 2/6. Build on 2/5.
- Click build and new.
- Login to Connex.
- Expand manually sync.
- Enter an order number or date range.
- Click submit.
- Run your web connector.
QuickBooks must have enough components to build the assembly. Make sure that the product SKU matches to an existing inventory assembly item.
Can I mark builds as pending?
If you lack stock on the day of the build assembly, then you can mark the build as pending:
- On the Connex configure page, scroll down to advanced inventory.
- Check mark build as pending.