Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
How does Connex sync refunds?
We support partial and full refunds.
What types of refunds do you support?
Connex for QuickBooks supports credit memos, voids, refund receipts, and credit card refunds. Partial and full refunds are supported.
Can I stop syncing refunds?
Yes, follow these steps:
- Log into Connex.
- Click settings.
- Click refund management.
- Uncheck all fields:
If you use QuickBooks Online, there are different checkboxes. Uncheck all of them.
How does the process work?
Here is a screenshot:
Here is the story:
- The user synced an invoice and the user owes you money.
- The user pays and now has no balance.
- The user did a refund and you owe the user money.
- You created a credit card refund and refunded the money back to the credit card. The user has no balance.
What if I do multiple refunds on the same sale?
Connex will create a unique number for each refund, like 100 and 100-1.
What do the refund types mean?
Here is a diagram:
|Credit memo||Used to offset an invoice. Unpaid invoices will show a $0 balance. Paid invoices will show the customer is owed money. Never removes funds from your undeposited funds area. Must be paired with a credit card refund or refund receipt.|
|Refund receipt||Removes funds from undeposited funds. Used to match payouts. Only used for QuickBooks Online.|
|Credit card refund||Like a refund receipt, but only used for QuickBooks Desktop users. Takes money from the seller and gives it to the customer. Credit card refunds sync if and only if a credit memo is created during the sync and if the method is type credit card.|
|Void||Used to remove a balance from an unpaid invoice, instead of deleting it.|
How do you map products?
We map the website SKU to the QuickBooks item name. If you wish to never restock an item, you can change the SKU mapping for refunds.
Is there a demo?
This demonstration describes the types of refunds we support, shows example refunds, and how we map products: