Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- Orders from QuickBooks
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
Can I code refunds differently than sales?
Use this rule to make sure that refunded items are not re-added to your stock.
How do I add the rule?
Your website SKUs should match your QuickBooks item name for this rule to be applicable. In this example, we will show you how to match all SKUs to the QuickBooks item name ABC. Here are the steps:
- Navigate to the Connex dashboard.
- Click Rules Engine > My Rules.
- Click Add New Rule.
- Choose Map field, based on condition, or Map Product.
- As the action, choose Map SKU.
- In the rules grid, set the field to check to be Order Status. Enter Contains as the comparison and enter "refund" as the initial value.
- Save the rules form.
- Set the What should the value be? area of the rule to the desired SKU for refunded items.
- Select Submit.
Now all you need to do is create a product in QuickBooks that matches your new code.
How do I set-up a product?
In QuickBooks, go to your products and services list. Add a new non-inventory item and a refund account:
If you use Shopify, mark items as no restock then Connex will automatically create an item called ShopifyNoRestock. There is no need to create a rule. For more info, please refer to this guide.