Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
- Getting Started with Connex for QuickBooks
- Remote Desktop (RDP)
- Customers Matching
- Inventory Site
- Inventory Sync
- Price Levels
- Purchase Orders
- Sales Tax
- Sales Orders
- Unit of Measure
- Web Connector
- Getting Started with Rules
- Rules Engine Common Rules
- Deposit Match
- Cost of Goods Sold
Connex Inventory Planner
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
Connex for QuickBooks Integrations Guide
The transaction could not be locked
Updates to orders in QuickBooks fail, if other users are editing orders.
You receive an error that a transaction could not be modified because it is locked by another user. Some updates fail to sync.
While trying to Mod a(n) Sales Order with name or order number of R21-2880, QB responded There was an error adding, modifying or deleting BB1BD-1626965492 because it is already in use. QuickBooks error message: The transaction could not be locked.
This error occurs when the transaction being modified in QuickBooks is already in use by another user or the QuickBooks database has temporarily locked the transaction from editing or updates. It's how the system protects multiple users from modifying the same transaction at the same time.
Stop editing the order or related transactions
The first step is to see if other users in QuickBooks are editing transactions. If so, request that they complete their editing. Once the edits are saved, try to sync again. If you receive this error, first confirm if another QuickBooks user is manipulating this journal or the related transaction. If they are, wait until they save and complete their task before running the sync again.
Single user mode
If you continue to see the error, switch the company file to single-user mode, close QuickBooks, and sync again.