Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
The application trying to connect to QuickBooks is not supported while multiple instances of QuickBooks are running
How to troubleshoot multiple instances of QuickBooks are running error.
You cannot sync sales.
This error can happen for two reasons:
- If you use web connector 3.0, open the company file and sign in. Run the sync again.
- You have QuickBooks open twice on the same machine, but there is only one user. Close one of the QuickBooks by going to file and clicking exit. You can only sync with one file at a time.
- We recommend that users set up the web connector to run as admin, if QuickBooks is closed. This account ensures Connex has the proper permissions to create orders in QuickBooks. If Connex tries to login as admin and another user logs into QuickBooks as user B, then the sync will fail.
If a user logs into QuickBooks as admin, then the sync will resume. No sync timers are updated, unless the sync was successful.
Pair as another user
When the company file is closed, the web connector tries to open it and sign in as another user. If that user is already signed into QuickBooks on another machine, the sync fails.
- In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences > integrated applications.
- Next to Connex, click properties.
- Create a user that no one users to sign in. Give the user the proper permissions to sync.
- In the drop down, choose another user:
Close QuickBooks Completely and Restart
If you have QuickBooks open twice, a window with the phrase secondary will appear. Close the other QuickBooks: