How to set up the sync and pull your first order
What settings do I need?
There are 4 main areas to configure:
- From the dashboard, click Settings at your ShipStation connection.
- Select the Sync orders from QuickBooks Tab.
- Check the box labelled, Sync orders from QuickBooks to ShipStation.
- If you want some orders, but not all of them, you can sync orders with a class (see below for more information). Otherwise you can leave the box empty and it will sync all orders.
- Choose what types of orders you want to sync to ShipStation. This includes, Sales Receipts, Invoices, etc.
- Choose which store you would like your orders to flow to in ShipStation.
Once you have complete these steps, you should begin receiving orders from QuickBooks to your ShipStation, whenever your sync runs again.
What is the proper address format in QuickBooks Online?
In QuickBooks Online, fill out the billing and shipping address for the customer. When you create an order, QuickBooks will copy the details to the page:
What if my billing or shipping address is different than the one on file?
Please read this guide.
How do I sync the order from QuickBooks Online?
Enable class mapping
This assumes you want sales with a class of ShipStation to sync. If you want to sync invoices regardless of class, skip this section.
- In QuickBooks, click the gear on the top right.
- Click account and settings.
- Under advanced, enable class tracking under categories.
Here are the steps:
- In QuickBooks Online, click sales > all sales > new transaction > invoice.
- In the class field, enter ShipStation. If you sync regardless of class, leave this field empty.
- Choose a customer.
- Add the line items:
- Click save.
- Login to Connex for QuickBooks.
- Next to ShipStation, click manual sync.
- Under orders from QuickBooks, enter the order number.
- Click submit.
- Refresh ShipStation in a few minutes to find the sale.