Connex can sync orders to and from ShipStation. We call this a two-way sync. You can sync orders one way, or both. This guide will explain how to set up syncing orders from QuickBooks to ShipStation.
How do I connect to ShipStation
You must obtain an API key and API secret from ShipStation. Here are the steps:
- Log into ShipStation.
- On the top right, click the gear icon
- On the Left click account> API Settings
- If you don't see the keys, click regenerate API Keys.
- Login to our software.
- On the my connections page, choose ShipStation.
- Enter your API key and API secret.
- Leave the URL as http://www.shipstation.com.
- Click submit.
- Follow the steps in this article to pair your ShipStation account to your QuickBooks company file: Getting Started: Pair the Web Connector
How do I configure orders from QuickBooks to ShipStaton?
After walking through the Connex for QuickBooks Configuration Wizard, make sure your settings allow orders to flow from QuickBooks to ShipStation. There are 4 main areas to configure (highlighted below)
- From the Dashboard, click Manage at your ShipStation connection
- Expand the Orders> Sync orders from QuickBooks Tab
- Place a checkmark before Sync orders from QuickBooks to ShipStation
- If you want some orders, but not all of them, you can sync orders with a class (see below for more information)
- Choose what types of orders you want to sync to ShipStation
- Choose which store in ShipStation you want these orders to flow to
Should I use a class to sync orders from QuickBooks to ShipStation?
You can sync all new orders from QuickBooks to ShipStaiton, or just certain orders. If you want all orders, leave the Sync orders with Class field blank. Any new order that is created in QuickBooks will sync with the next automatic sync. If you want only some orders, you can flag those orders with a class of ShipStation. If you add an order class of ShipStation, Connex will sync only orders with that class at the next automatic sync.
How does duplicate checking work?
Our software pulls all sales within 48 hours from the manual orders store in ShipStation, unless you selected another store. If the order has a tracking number in QuickBooks, then our tool skips adding the order. If the order has no tracking number and it is older than 48 hours, then our tool will resync it. ShipStation has a special field called order key, which we map to the order number. No two sales can have the same order key.
How do the fields map?
Here is a diagram:
|Ship Date||Ship by Date|
|Order Number||Order Number|
|Order Date||Order Date|
|Total Tax||Total Tax|
|Item Name / Number||Line Item SKU|
|Item Quantity||Line Item Quantity|
|Item Price||Line Item Price|
|Item Warehouse||Line Item Warehouse|
|Item Bin||Not mapped|
|Item Unit of Measure||Not mapped|
|Custom Fields||Custom Field1, 2, or 3|
|Sales Terms||Custom Field 3|
|PO Number||Custom Field 2|
|Shipping Method||Requested Shipping Service|
How do the address fields map?
Billing Address in QuickBooks
Billing Address in ShipStation
Is there a demonstration Video?
Note, skip to the 8:15 minute mark to see an example of an order syncing from QuickBooks to ShipStation.