Connex can sync orders to and from ShipStation. We call this a two-way sync. You can sync orders one way, or both. This guide will explain how to set up syncing orders from QuickBooks to ShipStation.
How do I configure orders from QuickBooks to ShipStaton?
After walking through the Connex for QuickBooks Configuration Wizard, make sure your settings allow orders to flow from QuickBooks to ShipStation. There are 4 main areas to configure (highlighted below)
- From the Dashboard, click Settings at your ShipStation connection.
- Select the Sync orders from QuickBooks Tab.
- Check the box labelled, Sync orders from QuickBooks to ShipStation.
- If you want some orders, but not all of them, you can sync orders with a class (see below for more information). Otherwise you can leave the box empty and it will sync all orders.
- Choose what types of orders you want to sync to ShipStation. This includes, Sales Receipts, Invoices, etc.
- Choose which store you would like your orders to flow to in ShipStation.
Once you have complete these steps, you should begin receiving orders from QuickBooks to your ShipStation, whenever your sync runs again.
Should I use a class to sync orders from QuickBooks to ShipStation?
You can sync all new orders from QuickBooks to ShipStaton, or just certain orders. If you want all orders, leave the Sync orders with Class field blank. Any new order that is created in QuickBooks will sync with the next automatic sync. If you want only some orders, you can flag those orders with a class of ShipStation. If you add an order class of ShipStation, Connex will sync only orders with that class at the next automatic sync.
How do the fields map?
Here is a diagram:
|Ship Date||Ship by Date|
|Order Number||Order Number|
|Order Date||Order Date|
|Total Tax||Total Tax|
|Item Name / Number||Line Item SKU|
|Item Quantity||Line Item Quantity|
|Item Price||Line Item Price|
|Item Warehouse||Line Item Warehouse|
|Item Bin||Not mapped|
|Item Unit of Measure||Not mapped|
|Custom Fields||Custom Field1, 2, or 3|
|Sales Terms||Custom Field 3|
|PO Number||Custom Field 2|
|Shipping Method||Requested Shipping Service|
How do the address fields map?
Billing Address in QuickBooks
Billing Address in ShipStation
Is there a demonstration video?
Note, skip to the 8:15 minute mark to see an example of an order syncing from QuickBooks to ShipStation.