Prevent the web connector from timing out and sync orders to our database
You have a flash sale and you sell several thousand products in a day. When you run the sync, the web connector fails to download any orders.
The Web Connector application responds with it's own error message: "Authentication Failed".
Here is a screenshot of the error:
Sync orders to the Connex database
Instead of syncing sales directly, you can sync the sales to our database. This should be used as a last resort. When you run your web connector, you will poll our database. If orders exist, then our tool will pull them:
- Login to Connex.
- Click settings.
- Click orders to QuickBooks.
- Set the timers for a 24 hour range, like March 1st 12 AM - March 1st 11:59 PM.
- Click save.
- Click advanced settings.
- Scroll down to database settings.
- Check sync orders to the Connex database.
- Click save.
- Go to the Connex pending queue. Refresh the page every 15 - 30 minutes.
How does it work?
Once you save your settings, Connex will start downloading sales in the background. When you run your web connector, you will pull orders from our database instead of your selling channel directly. Our software will sync sales in batches of 800, until the queue is empty.
How long will it take to queue sales?
Connex downloads Shopify sales in batches of 250. A batch of 10,000 should take 15 - 30 minutes.
How do I see what orders are ready to download?
Here are the steps:
- Log into Connex.
- On the left, click orders > pending.
- You will see the transactions grid show a loading symbol. Please wait a few minutes.