Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
- Channel Advisor
- Amazon Settlement Report
- Other Partners
- Connex Match Deposit Tool
- Connex Spreadsheet Import Tool
- Roaster Tools
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Error: We're sorry, QuickBooks encountered an error while calculating tax
How to determine the cause and solution for QuickBooks error message "We're sorry, QuickBooks encountered an error while calculating tax."
When syncing a transaction to QuickBooks, the following error message from QuickBooks is returned to Connex:
Error: We're sorry, QuickBooks encountered an error while calculating tax. Try re-selecting the tax rate or reentering the product/service item and saving the form again.
QuickBooks does not allow the mapped tax code on a specific transaction. In general, this could mean that QuickBooks has deactivated (made inactive) some of the sales tax codes and a new one must be mapped. Alternatively, this can be caused by renaming sales tax codes. This most commonly occurs on international versions of QuickBooks.
Canada Users Map Another Tax Code
This error occurs on some QuickBooks Canada sales. QuickBooks has deactivated some tax codes and you must map a new one.
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage.
- Click sales tax.
- Find the Canadian region that maps the sale.
- Delete the mapping.
- Add the mapping again with the proper tax code.
United Kingdom Users Delete Mappings
We have seen this issue on QuickBooks Europe users. Try deleting your tax mappings for the country causing the error. Our tool will sync 0% Z or 20% S. Resync your sale.
At times, QuickBooks can perform updates for their users and this issue can occur. Please contact our support with the log entry.