Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
- Channel Advisor
- Amazon Settlement Report
- Other Partners
- Connex Match Deposit Tool
- Connex Spreadsheet Import Tool
- Roaster Tools
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
QuickBooks can't start because QuickBooks is already running.
QuickBooks can't start because QuickBooks is already running. Only QuickBooks Accountant can open more than one company file.
Why does this happen?
The web connector is looking for a different company file than the one that is open. This error can occur when you change the file location, but fail to update the path in Connex.
How do I remedy this issue?
Here are the steps:
Update Company File Path
- In QuickBooks, press F2.
- Under file info, copy the company file path:
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage.
- Expand transaction.
- In the company file path field, enter the correct file:
- Click save.
- Close QuickBooks entirely.
Restart Web Connector
- If the web connector is still running, right click the bottom of your screen.
- Click task manager.
- Right click web connector.
- Click end task:
- Open the web connector.
- Check the box to the left of Connex.
- Click update selected.