Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
Do you support multi-currency?
Connex for QuickBooks Online supports multi-currency. Be sure to map deposit accounts per currency
How do the fields map?
If your ordering solution sends a currency code, then we send it to QuickBooks. Connex for QuickBooks Online can enter the exchange rate between your home currency and the order's currency. Connex uses the exchange rate on the order date, so you can sync historically.
QuickBooks will display the exchange rate on top and the amount in both currencies on the bottom. Here is an example using EUR and GBP:
Should I allow customers to pay in multiple currencies?
QuickBooks Online only supports one currency code per customer. Connex will sync all orders using the home currency of QuickBooks. If the customer pays with a different currency, then the order will show the exchange rate.
How do I enable multi-currency?
If multi-currency is enabled in your QuickBooks, then Connex will enable it. To set-up the feature later, follow these steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage.
- Expand orders > sync orders to QuickBooks > transaction.
- Check the multi-currency field.
How do I map deposit accounts for multi-currency?
Each account is associated with a currency code. You cannot deposit CAD orders into a USD account. Undeposited Funds is associated with your home currency. If there is a currency mismatch between the order and deposit account, you will get this error:
Order XX has failed to export into QuickBooks. Business Validation Error: You cannot use XX account. The currency of the account must either match the transaction currency or be your home currency.
If your company charges in multiple currencies, you must deposit orders into currency specific accounts. Here are the steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click rules > my rules on the left.
- Click add new rule.
- Click map deposit account.
- In the comparisons field, enter these values: order currency code, GBP, equals.
- In the map to, enter the desired deposit account. In this case, we call it Undeposited Funds GBP.
- Finish the wizard.