Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
How Inventory Syncing Works
Breaking down the Connex inventory sync and how it works.
Is there a demo?
Here is a demo:
How It Works
Here is a sample scenario:
- After purchase orders or inventory adjustments, QuickBooks has inventory items with a quantity on hand. In this example, QuickBooks has an item called "redwine" with a quantity on hand of 20.
- Connex queries your e-commerce solution for new orders.
- These orders are inserted into QuickBooks. Each order will decrement inventory in QuickBooks.
- The new inventory is the current amount (20) minus what was ordered (5). If there was one order for 5 redwine, you now have 15 bottles in QuickBooks.
- Connex queries QuickBooks for recently modified items. An inventory adjustment will update an item, so it will be returned in this query.
- Your e-commerce solution will be sent the new number (15) associated with the affected item "redwine". If the QuickBooks item name and the SKU match, then your e-commerce solution and QuickBooks have the same inventory.
There will always be a delay between QuickBooks and your website. The delay's length depends on several factors:
- If you have less than 75 updates, the sync should end in 1 - 2 minutes. There is no delay, after running the web connector.
- How often does the sync run?
- How many orders are there to insert into QuickBooks?
- How many items have been updated in QuickBooks?
- How long does your website take to update the items?
If you make a refund receipt or credit memo in QuickBooks, the quantity on hand for the item will increase. This new stock will reach your website.
Where do I see successful syncs and why syncs failed?
Log into Connex. On the dashboard, scroll down to inventory. You will see a list of SKUs and whether they updated. If the sync failed for a SKU, the log will show details. The most common reason is mismatched SKUs. For a more detailed log, click logs on the left.
Here is a log of successful syncs: