The Connex dashboard provides an at-a-glance overview of the Connex account.
Welcome to the Connex Desktop Dashboard
The major sections of the Connex user interface offer shortcut buttons and links to manage the Connex account settings faster and easier.
If you'd like to see a demo of the Connex dashboard in action, please click here.
This article contains:
- Information about areas of the Connex Dashboard
- Area 1: Main Dashboard
- Area 2: Left Navigation
- Area 3: What’s New, Help & Account Information
Area 1: Main Dashboard
Main Dashboard area contains the Selling Channels , Transactions, Errors Log, Orders Log and Map Products windows. See Below for reference:
Selling Channels Window:
Add Connection, Restore Settings, Update Selling Channel URL, Sync All Buttons
This section lists your current connections or channels in your Connex account. New buttons and links have been added to this section to allow users to quickly make changes to their Connex account right from this dashboard section.
- Add Connection: Use this button to add a new connection to your Connex account.
- Restore Settings: Connex can back up a user's sync settings. Use this button to upload a backup text file of your sync settings. Use the backup link to save a copy of your current sync settings. Related Help Article: How Can I Back Up My Sync Settings?
3. Update Selling Channel URL: Use this button to fill out a form to transfer your website to another URL. This is ideal, if you are transferring a site from development to production. Connex will transfer all rules, settings, and sales tax code mappings to the new website.
4. Refresh Chart of Accounts: Use this button to update Connex with your Chart of Accounts from QuickBooks. This setting is typically used when you have added or updated accounts within QuickBooks and an error is occurring because your accounts no longer match what is on file in Connex.
5. Sync All: Use this button to sync all selling channels at the same time. The sync will begin when the Web Connector application runs in QuickBooks.
Selling Channels Window: Sub-Menus
Settings, Pair Computer, Manual Sync, Delete
1. Settings: Use this button to open the settings page that is unique to that connection. The connection settings page allows you to adjust settings like customer matching, product matching, inventory settings, etc.
2. Pair Computer: This button will take you to our install wizard which will give you the option of downloading a new pairing file for Connex.
3. Manual Sync: Use the pop-up window to enter sync dates or specific order numbers to sync to or from QuickBooks
4. Delete: Used to update the credentials for the specific connection.
Transaction (Order) Count:
View number of orders already synced, remaining orders and the Connex plan limit.
View the Connex Error Log file for syncing issues.
View the orders that have successfully synced into QuickBooks.
Map Products Window:
If you use the Connex Map Products setting (this means you do not allow Connex to create new products in QuickBooks when orders sync, but instead flag orders before the enter QuickBooks to create product mapping rules in the Connex account) you will see orders that have not synced and need products mapped.
Area 2: Left Navigation
The left navigation links are short-cut links to the most popular Connex account settings: Orders, Products, Rules Engine, Log, Available Integrations, Refer a Friend.
Area 3: What’s New, Help & Account Information
The top right navigation area includes: What’s New in-app messaging, Help Menu, and Account information.