Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
- Amazon Settlement Report
- Channel Advisor
- Custom Store
- Magento 2
- Match Deposit Tool
- Other Partners
- Roaster Tools
- Spreadsheet Import Tool
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Can I add a shipping surcharge?
With the powerful Connex Rules Engine, you can instruct Connex to mark up shipping by a specific amount, sometimes referred to as a surcharge.
Is there a demo?
Here is a demo:
What is a shipping surcharge?
A shipping surcharge is a fee on top of shipping. You can charge an additional amount on top of shipping cost.
How does this work?
Using the Connex Rules Engine, a rule must be added to instruct Connex to add a specified amount to the shipping cost of the label.
Consider this use case:
- Create an invoice in QuickBooks.
- Sync this invoice from QuickBooks to your shipping solution.
- Ship the order.
- Update the QuickBooks sale with the shipping cost.
- Connex will mark up the cost, which you will invoice to your customer.
If I want to add a dollar amount, how do I add the rule?
In this example, we will add $1.50 to shipping for orders shipping USPS:
- Login to Connex.
- From the dashboard, on the left, click Rules > My Rules.
- Click Add New Rule.
- Next, select Start from scratch.
- Name the rule. This is arbitrary.
- For the rule action, choose "Add shipping surcharge."
- Add this trigger and comparison:
- Click next.
- Enter 1.50 in the map to field. Enter no dollar or currency sign.
This rule does not work with a "Map All" comparison. "Map All" is only used when mapping all data housed within one field to another.
Can I mark up by a percent?
Yes, instead of entering 1.50 enter 10% to mark up by 10%.
If using manual shipments, you need to map the shipping cost to the shipping price?
By default, we sync shipping price. The surcharge increments the total shipping costs. This field is not mapped to the shipping price for manual shipments. Therefore, you need to add another rule. In addition to the surcharge rule above, add this rule:
- Click Add New Rule.
- Click Start from scratch.
- As the action, choose map shipping price
- Add this comparison:
- Map To: [leave blank]