Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
- Channel Advisor
- Amazon Settlement Report
- Other Partners
- Connex Match Deposit Tool
- Connex Spreadsheet Import Tool
- Roaster Tools
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
You cannot set the rate for the given sales tax item line, use the amount field instead
The SalesTax item needs to be type sales tax item, or the sync will fail.
Why does this error occur?
Connex creates an item called SalesTax and its type of sales tax item. Our software assumes that the SalesTax item is of type sales tax item. If SalesTax exists as another item type, such as service, the sync will fail. Connex places the sales tax in a field called amount, instead of rate.
How do I fix the error?
- In QuickBooks, go to lists and click item list.
- Find the item called SalesTax.
- Double click the item.
- Change the item name field to SalesTax_Old.
- Click item and select new.
- Create a new item called SalesTax and change the type to sales tax item:
- Resync your sale.
The issue still persists. Anything else I can try?
Open the order. Ensure no items on the sale match an item of type sales tax. Look at your shipping methods and discounts. In one case, a customer had a shipping method called none. In the list of tax codes, there was an item called none.