A guide on installing WooCommerce and how the fields map when syncing sales.
Is there a demo?
Here is a demo:
Here are the prerequisites:
- Your website must have an SSL certificate.
- White list the Connex IP addresses
- 220.127.116.11 (Connex for QuickBooks Desktop)
- 18.104.22.168 (Connex for QuickBooks Online)
- Disable the Relevanssi search plugin.
- If you are updating inventory from QuickBooks to WooCommerce, disable ModSecurity on your website. If you don't, then you'll receive a 501 not implemented error in your log.
- GoDaddy, BlueHost, or Media Temple are incompatible hosts. These companies have WooCommerce performance issues. In many cases, they place too many websites on one server and the sites load very slow. The sync could be intermittent with these companies.
- Our own website is hosting on Kinsta and we are very happy!
Enable Legacy API
Connex uses the legacy API to pull your website's timezone and a list of refunds, and a list of recently modified sales. To enable the API, follow these steps:
- Log into WooCommerce.
- On the left, click WooCommerce > Settings > Advanced > REST API.
- Enable the legacy API.
Our software uses a special WooCommerce user name and password, known as a consumer key and secret, from your website. To pair your site, follow these steps:
- Login to Connex for QuickBooks.
- On the dashboard, click add a new connection.
- In the wizard, choose WooCommerce.
- Enter your URL, prefixed by https.
- Click submit.
- On the dialog box that appears, click continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. You will be asked to login and click the accept button. If Connex says pairing failure, click the link to pair manually. Generate keys manually and enter them into Connex.
- Upon completing these steps, you are redirected to the configure page of our software.
WooCommerce Pairing Failure
Connex for QuickBooks will try to auto-generate a special user name and password to pair your website and our solution. If your website does not auto generate the special credentials, you can easily obtain and add them to your website.
To generate the keys, see generate API keys in this help article.
To enter your pairing credentials, click update login on our dashboard. Enter the consumer key and secret.
How do the fields map with QuickBooks and WooCommerce?
Click here to view a guide.