Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- Orders from QuickBooks
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
What is the best way to integrate an inventory control solution and QuickBooks Online?
Turn off inventory tracking in QBO and sync sales to QuickBooks
Why having two solutions is a bad idea
Since another tool does inventory control, there is no need to have QuickBooks perform the same calculations. To get the same numbers in QuickBooks, you must perform these steps:
- Import a spreadsheet of products into QuickBooks.
- Ensure the QuickBooks item name and website SKU match.
- For each item, add an initial inventory value and initial stock. For example, you have $10 widgets you bought at $10 each. Your inventory is 10 with a value of $100.
- Sync POs from the inventory solution to QuickBooks.
- Sell product in QuickBooks by sales receipt or invoice.
We recommend disabling inventory in QuickBooks and syncing a summary sale.
Turn off inventory tracking
To turn off inventory tracking, follow these steps:
- Log into QuickBooks.
- Click the gear box on the top right.
- Click account and settings.
- Click sales.
- Under products and services, disable track inventory quantity on hand.
Talk to your inventory control solution about obtaining the value of inventory and COGS for a period. Create a journal entry in QuickBooks:
- In QuickBooks, click new > journal entry.
- Create an entry that credits your inventory asset and debits your COGS:
Sync Summary Sale
Connex can merge multiple orders into a single sale. This ensures QuickBooks has a few hundred orders per year and a handful of customers, which will equal the selling channel. Connex can group them by selling channel:
- Log into Connex.
- Click settings.
- Under orders to QuickBooks, select summary sales receipt.
- Scroll down to summary sale.
- Select selling channel as the group. If you use Linnworks, enter selling channel and currency code.