Your order total minus discounts is a negative number. If there is tax on the order, then there is tax on the discount. This error is common with 100% discounts.
In your Connex log, you see this error:
If the items on the order map to a QB grouped item and you have a discount, go to your QB item list. Increase the sales price of each item in the group. Login to Connex. Click configure. Scroll down to export settings and adjust the sync dates. Click submit and run your web connector.
Map tax codes
This usually happens when you map a 6% tax code in QuickBooks, but your website calculates 7% and your gift card offers a 100% discount:
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage.
- Expand sales tax. Look at the mappings. Is the tax rate in QuickBooks and your website identical?
If so, try adding tax as a line item:
- Under sales tax, check the add tax as a line item.
- Expand orders > sync orders to QuickBooks > sync manually to QuickBooks.
- In the order list field, enter your order number.
- Click save.
- Run your web connector.
- Return to sales tax and uncheck tax as a line item. This will enable Connex to map your tax codes again.
Remove grouped discounts
If your order contains grouped items, go to lists > item list in QuickBooks. Double click the item. Remove any discounts in the group. It is possible that a discount is double applied.
Delete shipping rules
Delete rules that remove the shipping cost and shipping amount, if there are unnecessary.
- Go to the rules engine.
- Find the shipping rules.
- Click export to excel, in case you need to reexport.
- Delete them:
What is problems persist?
If issues persist, send a copy of the order to us and highlight any discounts.
Can't find what you're looking for? Let us help you right now!