Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Customer
If the customer is missing from an incoming order, then Connex will attempt to create it. If Connex fails to create the customer, then the order will fail to sync.
What does this error look like?
Here is an example:
There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Customer "Vazquez, Fernando" in the SalesReceipt. QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list.
- The customer being created matches a vendor or employee in QuickBooks. We cannot add sales under these records. Please remove them from those lists before syncing.
- QuickBooks has a max customer limit that you might have exceeded. Try creating a new customer.
Hint: If you press F2 in QuickBooks, you can see how many customers exist in your company file
How do I troubleshoot this error?
If either case, you can change your customer mapping:
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage.
- Expand customer.
- Choose single name web store. This will place all orders under a customer called web store.
- On the Connex configure page, expand sync orders to QuickBooks.
- Enter a comma separated list of order numbers.
- Click submit and run the web connector.
- Change the customer mode back to its original settings after running.