Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
- Channel Advisor
- Amazon Settlement Report
- Other Partners
- Connex Match Deposit Tool
- Connex Spreadsheet Import Tool
- Roaster Tools
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
The transaction could not be locked. It is in use by another user.
Transaction locked by another user
Why the Sync Error occurs
This error occurs when the transaction being modify in QuickBooks is already in use by another user or the QuickBooks database has temporarily locked the transaction from editing or updates. It's how the system protect multiple users from modifying the same transaction at the same time.
How to Fix the Sync Error
The first step is to see if other users in QuickBooks are editing transactions. If so, request that they complete their editing. Once the edits are saved, try to sync again. If you continue to see the error, switch the company file to single-user mode, close QuickBooks, and sync again.
Once complete, run a manual sync.Can't find what you're looking for? Let us help you right now!