Connex for QuickBooks Desktop and Connex for QuickBooks Online allow you to upload a spreadsheet, map fields to QuickBooks, and sync sales. Connex can import any missing customers and products.
What are the advantages of using a spreadsheet?
Here are some advantages:
- Some ordering solutions only allow to pull one order at a time. Spreadsheets have all the necessary information. It is quick and easy to sync large amounts of data.
- You can add a custom ordering solution without having to write code. It is time and cost effective to integrate spreadsheets.
Do you have an example spreadsheet?
In this tutorial, we will use this spreadsheet. If you wish to use your own, ensure that there are no empty rows in the header (no empty cells at the top of the sheet)
How do I implement this solution?
- Login to Connex for QuickBooks.
- On the Connex dashboard, click add connection.
- In the installation wizard, choose spreadsheet as the connection.
- Finish the settings install wizard.
- Next, map fields. You can choose one of the templates (common headers seen in our supported integration spreadsheets) or start from scratch. In this example, we will start from scratch:
- Map the fields. If there is a exact match for a header in your spreadsheet and a value in QuickBooks, it should automatically match. The Import Column is the name of the field from your spreadsheet, QuickBooks Field is the one we will match it to when syncing to QuickBooks.
Example: here is a screenshot of our field mapping page:
- If you have any additional fields in the field mapping page that do not have a direct match, either choose "edit" or "delete" to include or exclude them from the sync.
- If you wish to add a field, click "Add new record" and input the name of the column (note: make sure you update your spreadsheet to have this field, Connex will search for this field and throw an error if its not found)
- When completed, go back to the dashboard.
- Next to your spreadsheet connection, click manual sync:
- Upload the sheet.
- Click "Sync Now", and follow the directions listed.
Can I add multiple connections?
Yes, you can add multiple connections that allows for different settings. One spreadsheet might use a price list, while another uses regular pricing. At the Connex dashboard page, click add new connection. Change the connection name as http://www.spreadsheet2.com. Each different connection has its own settings.
How do I group multiple lines into a single order?
Add a column called order number. If the order numbers are identical, Connex will merge the lines into a single order. During the mapping process, make sure the the order number field is mapped accordingly.
I already mapped my fields. How do I upload my spreadsheet to sync orders?
- Login to Connex.
- On the dashboard, click manual sync next to your spreadsheet connection.
- Upload your spreadsheet.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I re-map fields?
- Login to Connex.
- On the dashboard, click "manual sync" on your spreadsheet connection
- Click the message above the file selection
- Upload the new spreadsheet with updated field mappings (note: if you are looking to adjust existing mappings, and do not wish to add new ones, either upload a blank spreadsheet or an old spreadsheet that has worked in the past)
Do you offer field mapping templates?
Yes, we offer these templates:
- Amazon Vendor Central
- Walmart Settlement Report
- Default (Start from Scratch)
With these templates, Connex will map all the fields from the spreadsheet. Before syncing, you can make an adjustment to your mappings. For other templates, please submit a feature request.
I use QuickBooks Desktop. I uploaded a spreadsheet of orders accidentally. How do I clear the queue of orders?
Connex will upload your transactions to our database. If you wish to clear the list, follow these steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click mange.
- Expand orders.
- Expand pending orders.
- Click the delete pending orders button.
How does tax mapping work?
During tax mapping, you must map unit price including tax field. If no field exists, map the total tax field. If no unit price including tax is mapped and you map total tax, then Connex assumes all items are taxable.
If you have no total tax or unit price including tax field, you can map the unit price field as the total tax. Then, map QuickBooks tax codes:
- Log into Connex.
- Click manual sync, next to SpreadSheet.
- Click the link for field mapping in the box.
- Add a field mapping for total tax and map your unit price field:
- In Connex, go to your configure page.
- Expand sales tax.
- Map a tax code for each U.S. state or Canadian region where you charge tax: