Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
- Amazon Settlement Report
- Channel Advisor
- Custom Store
- Match Deposit Tool
- Other Partners
- Roaster Tools
- Spreadsheet Import Tool
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Getting Started with Shopify
How to install Shopify and how the fields map
Is there a demonstration?
Yes, please watch this video:
Note: In order to enable private app development, you must either be able to login to the Shopify store as Store Owner, or have your store owner enable private app development before being able to pair Connex:
- On the left hand side of your Shopify store, click apps.
- Scroll to the bottom.
- Click manage private apps (if you cannot find it, the URL should be: [store_name_here].myshopify.com/admin/apps/private):
- If you have no private apps created, Click enable private app development. (If you have other private apps already installed, click "Create new private app" and skip to step 7)
- Check all boxes to agree to all terms:
- On the top right, click create new private app.
- Enter these details:
- Expand "Inactive Permissions", and adjust these values (They will appear in this order from top/bottom):
Name Level Customers Read Draft Orders Read and Write Inventory Read and Write Locations Read Orders Read and Write Product Listings Read and Write Products Read and Write Shopify Payments payouts Read
- Click save.
- Scroll up to admin API.
Copy the API key and password into Connex:
Note: your Website URL should not end with any backslash ( / ) characters.
For example, "https://newstore.myshopify.com/" would not pair successfully with Connex.
How do fields map?
Here is an example of how fields map.