How to troubleshoot product matching issues
Our software fails to sync sales to QuickBooks because the products in your selling channel website fail to match.
Your selling channel SKUs and QuickBooks products failed to match or you've instructed our software to look at the wrong QuickBooks field to match.
Select proper matching field
Ensure you have selected the proper product matching setting in your Connex for QuickBooks settings:
- Log into our software.
- Click the settings button.
- Click the product matching link on the left.
- If you use QuickBooks Online and you match the QuickBooks SKU field to your selling channel SKU then check the SKU checkbox. This will ensure that our software looks at the QuickBooks online SKU field, when matching items.
- If you use QuickBooks Enterprise, proper matching field. For more details on how we match products, read this guide.
When you map SKUs on our dashboard, Connex makes a rule. Ensure the rule is running:
- On the left, click rules > connections.
- Delete all the rule connections.
- Click rules > my rules.
- In the search field, enter the SKU.
- Review the rule and ensure the proper fields are compared.
In this example, there should be one rule instead of three. The second rule clears the SKU field entirely because the map to field is blank.
Ensure SKUs and QuickBooks products map
In your selling channel, ensure the products have SKUs and SKUs match your QuickBooks item list. If the products fail to map, Connex will tell you to map the fields on our dashboard. For more information, read this guide.
Upload a spreadsheet of one-to-one mappings
You can upload a spreadsheet that contains a list of products in your selling channel and a list of products and QuickBooks. This is ideal for a small number of items where there is no matching scheme. For more information, read this guide.
Create rules to replace parts of a SKU
You can say if the product SKU contains a phrase, in our software should replace it with something else. Many users ask next to trim the SKU to a certain number of characters. For more information, read this guide.