Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
Missing Orders Troubleshooting
There are many reasons why orders are missing. They include the sync not running and a number overlap. Here are some common issues.
I use QuickBooks Desktop and my sync is not running.
Login to Connex. On the dashboard, you will see your last sync time. If the sync has failed to run in 24 hours, log into QuickBooks as admin. Open your company file. Go to file and click update web services. Check the box to the left of Connex. Click update selected. For more info on ensuring your web connector uses auto run, read this guide.
My sync is running, but I see no orders.
Connex has a log on our dashboard. If the sync did run, check the errors log on the bottom left.
QuickBooks allows you to have multiple orders with the same number. It is possible if you have a number overlap you could get this error:
Invoice XX has a $0 balance. System will skip payment.
Invoice XX could already exist under another customer.
You can enable the next QuickBooks number. This will instruct QuickBooks to assign a unique ID to each sale. For more info, read this guide.
The order is not syncing and I cannot find the order in the Connex Order Previewer tool.
Check the payment status of the order. If the payment was declined, Connex cannot sync the sale and automatically excludes these from the sync. The order will display in the previewer tool once the payment issue is resolved.
Connex says the orders synced, but I cannot find them.
Here are the steps to find orders:
- Open QuickBooks.
- In the top menu, click customers > customer center.
- On the left, click the transaction tab.
- Click your transaction type, like invoices:
5. Click the number column to sort them by number.
6. Search for your order number.