- Help Center
- Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
- Customers Matching
Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
- Connex for QuickBooks Product Overview
- Getting Started with Connex Desktop
- Connex Quickbooks Online
- Customers Matching
- Inventory Site
- Inventory Sync
- Price Levels
- Purchase Orders
- Sales Tax
- Sales Orders
- Sync Orders from QuickBooks Desktop
- Unit of Measure
- Web Connector
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
If a customer is missing from QuickBooks, can I stop the sync?
You can instruct Connex to log errors and create no new orders, if the customer is missing. This setting is ideal, if your customers in the store and QuickBooks are different; an excellent example is Jones and Jones versus Jones & Jones
How do I change the setting?
Here are the steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click settings.
- On the left, click customers.
- Under missing customer mapping, choose do not create.
What are the options?
Create New Customer
This is the default behavior. Connex will create new customers, if they are missing, based on the customer match that you chose.
Create No New Customer and Order
Connex can log an error message and the order will fail to sync. You can have no new order without a customer.
Map to Single Name
If the customer is missing, Connex can map the order to web store. To change the name, expand the customer area of Connex. In the single name field, enter another value.
What if Connex logs that a customer is missing?
Connex matches the QuickBooks Online display name as field or the QuickBooks Desktop customer name field. Please ensure your selling channel matches QuickBooks. Using our order previewer, notice how the name as home twice:
Here is the record in QuickBooks:
You can either change the name in your selling channel or write a rule.