With the Rules Engine, Connex is able to map order-level custom field to QuickBooks custom fields that exist on the customer record.
How I map order custom fields to QuickBooks Desktop customer record custom fields?
To do so, the source custom field (or Map From) must exist on the incoming order. In addition, the QuickBooks custom field (destination field or Map To) must likewise exist. Furthermore, if you the two fields have the same name, this makes it much easier to map them together.
How does it all work?
To get started, within your Connex account, navigate to the Rules Engine.
Now that you're in the Rules Engine:
1. Start by clicking Add New Rule
2. Next, for the Template, we'll use "Start from Scratch."
3. Now it's time to name your rule. This is arbitrary - you can name the rule whatever you like. Once satisfied with the name, click Next.
4. The Perform Action step refers to the behavior or action you what the rule to accomplish. In this case, we want to map a custom field. Once this is selected, click Next.
5. That brings us to the Conditions - or setting up how the rule will know what field to trigger on. To start, click Edit on the right.
6. Now we're at the real meat. Here, we need to set everything up. In this case, we want:
- Field = Custom Field
- Map From = The name of the custom field on the order
- Comparison = Map All (since we're mapping one field to another)
- Conjunction = Is not used and can be left as is.
When you're done, should look like this:
7. Now that we've got that taken care of, click Update, then click Next to proceed to the final steps.
8. For Map Value, this is where we will set the destination field in QuickBooks. Enter the name of the custom field in QuickBooks. After, click Next.
9. Finally, in some circumstanced, Connex can use the Order Previewer tool to test the rule. Unfortunately, in this circumstance - because the QuickBooks custom field isn't available in the Order Previewer - we're unable to test the rule. Therefore, you can proceed past the step.
10. All done! Now set back, relax, let an order sync and see the rule in action.
A note about custom fields. Custom field names must be entered exactly as they appear on both the integration and QuickBooks. Be mindful of special characters and extra spaces, as the matching must be exact.
What do I do if the rule doesn't work?
No problem! If you find the rule isn't achieving the desired outcome, please contact us by submitting a ticket and share with us these details:
- URL of order with an order number, date, and customer name.
- Custom field name in your ordering solution and its value.
Can't find what you're looking for? Let us help you right now!