Using a spreadsheet, you can match deposits
Connex can automatically match payment information with orders already in QuickBooks and create the deposit for you. Connex will locate sales that match a deposit, if the sales are located in the undeposited funds account in QuickBooks (required).
I want to map orders from PayPal to QuickBooks. Is this possible?
Yes, you can use our spreadsheet integration. Choose PayPal as the template. For more info, read this guide.
What are the steps?
- Pair PayPal
- Download a spreadsheet of orders from PayPal and save it to your computer
- In Connex, follow the steps to run the match deposit tool
- If you use Connex for QuickBooks Desktop, Run the Web Connector
- Check your transaction log for details.
- Check QuickBooks for the deposit
1. In Connex, add a PayPal connection and pair
- Log into Connex.
- Click add connection.
- Choose PayPal.
- Click submit.
- If you use QuickBooks Desktop, follow the steps to pair QuickBooks.
- In the sync direction, choose match deposits.
2. In PayPal, download a spreadsheet of orders
- Login to PayPal.
- Go to activity > all reports.
- Go to financial summaries > monthly sales.
- Choose the month.
- Click generate report.
- Click the date. In this example, we will click April 6th:
- Click download report and select CSV:
3. In Connex, run the match deposit tool and upload the spreadsheet
- Login to Connex
- On the left>Orders>Match Deposit
- Fill in the form:
- Choose the deposit date
- In the select payout field, find the spreadsheet that you saved. You can add multiple days:
- Click Submit
- Run your web connector, if you use QuickBooks Desktop. Otherwise, Connex for QuickBooks Online will match the deposit shortly.
- Check the Connex Transaction Log for details.
Here is a deposit made by PayPal:
If Connex can't find an order that is on the spreadsheet from PayPal but not in QuickBooks, Connex cannot create the deposit. Connex will enter an error message in your Errors Log. You must have all orders in QuickBooks for the match Deposit Tool to complete its process.
Special Note for Shopify users
Shopify sends no order number to PayPal, but you can map by PayPal transaction ID.
- Choose invoices, payments if paid as the mode. Connex will sync the transaction ID onto the payment reference and memo fields. On the PayPal spreadsheet, delete the invoice number column. If you choose sales receipts, then you must map the ref. no as the QuickBooks order number. You can perform these steps by opening the spreadsheet on step three and removing the second row.
- Contact our support to enable a setting to pull the PayPal ref. no field onto the QuickBooks payment or sales receipt.
- In QuickBooks, go to lists > other names > payment method list. Edit PayPal. As the type, choose Visa. This ensures Connex creates credit card refunds and our tool can match refunds.
- Go to the rules engine. Upload this spreadsheet. We must map the PayPal transaction ID to the credit memo and credit card refund order number fields:
- Here is the credit card refund that we match: