Class tracking in Connex offers a way to add a default class on the order synced by Connex.
In QuickBooks, you can create classes that you assign to transactions. This lets you track account balances by department, business office or location, separate properties you own, or any other meaningful breakdown of your business. Class tracking in Connex offers a way to add a default class on the order synced by Connex.
Connex can add a class to each order it syncs into QuickBooks or to each line item.
Class by Order
Connex can assign a default class for each order. Here are the steps:
- At the Connex Dashboard, click the Manage button in your Selling Channel
- Expand the Orders menu -> Sync Orders to QuickBooks
- Expand the Transaction Menu
- From the class drop down, choose a class. If you choose store / solution name, the class will match the selling channel.
- If your class does not appear in the drop down and you use QuickBooks Desktop, you may need to refresh your dropdowns . This can happen when you have added a class to QuickBooks after you set up and paired Connex.
- Click Save to save the setting.
Can I add a rule to map classes?
In this example, we will add a rule that maps Amazon as the class for orders originating in the Amazon store. This rule is ideal, if your ordering solution is ShipStation or another tool that aggregates orders:
- Login to Connex.
- On the left, click rules > my rules.
- Click add.
- Click start from scratch.
- In the action field, enter map order class.
- In the comparison field, enter these values:
- Click next.
- In map to, enter the class from QuickBooks.
- Finish the rule.
To test the rule, click orders on the left. Click order previewer. Choose a connection and enter an order number. The class field appears on the right.