Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
- Amazon Settlement Report
- Channel Advisor
- Custom Store
- Magento 2
- Match Deposit Tool
- Other Partners
- Roaster Tools
- Spreadsheet Import Tool
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Web Connector 3.0
How do I sync automatically with QuickBooks Desktop?
Ensure your web connector is running and Connex has the proper file path
Is there a demo?
Here is a demo:
Can Connex sync automatically?
You must enable auto run on the web connector, update your company file path in Connex, and give the web connector permissions to run.
Yes, we fully support automatic syncing with the Web Connector. To accomplish this, the Auto-run feature of the QuickBooks Web Connector must be enabled.
To launch the Web Connector, inside of QuickBooks:
- In the Windows search, enter web connector.
- Check the Auto-run box
- Set an interval ("Every_Min"). The fastest we recommend is 30 minutes.
- Click hide.
If QuickBooks is hosted via a server, third-party service, or you use a remote desktop, the user that paired Connex must stay logged into the computer. If your computer reboots or you log out of the remote session, this closes all open applications - including the Web Connector.
Update company file path
If you are logged into QuickBooks, then Connex uses the open file. If the file is closed, you must specify the file's location. Here are the steps:
- In QuickBooks, open your company file.
- Press F2.
- Copy the file path from QuickBooks > File Information > Location:
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage at your connection.
- Expand orders.
- Expand sync orders to QuickBooks.
- Expand advanced transaction.
- Enter the location into the company file path field.
Give QuickBooks Permissions
The web connector must be able to login automatically as admin, or a user with admin privileges:
- Login to QuickBooks.
- Go to edit > preferences > integrated applications.
- Click Connex.
- On the left, click properties.
- Check allow this application to login automatically: