Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
How do I set-up VAT?
If you use QuickBooks Online U.K., the system will automatically assign Z or S on each line. If you are using Connex with an EU-member country, such as Spain, you will need to map tax codes.
If I am from the United Kingdom, how do I set-up VAT?
Before adding tax codes in Connex for QuickBooks Online, you must set-up VAT in QuickBooks Online. To set-up QuickBooks VAT, follow these steps:
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- Click VAT on the left menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Connex Online can use VAT number, if supplied, to determine tax. The UK tax codes are always the same, so there is no need to map them. Connex Online can determine whether a country is an EU member.
How do I map QuickBooks tax codes?
You must add a mapping for each country where you charge VAT. If you apply no mapping, then Connex will apply exempt as the code. If you add a mapping, the code has no tax and the order has no tax, then Connex will apply it.
Here are the steps:
- Login to Connex for QuickBooks Online
- Click manage.
- Expand sales tax.
- Click +Add New Code.
- Choose a tax code and add the country.
- Click Update.
- Repeat these steps for each code you need to match.
- Finally, click Save Settings and Sync Now to save all changes.