When you set-up Connex, Connex downloads your chart of accounts, sales reps, tax codes, and other lists. Sometimes, users change their chart of accounts after the file is paired, and these new accounts from the drop-downs in Connex are missing.
When Connex is trying to sync an order, but the order contains items that are missing from QuickBooks, Connex will create a new item for you. Connex needs default accounts to apply to the new item in QuickBooks. We store these default accounts in the Connex Settings under the New Order and Product Accounts Tab. If these stored accounts are missing in Connex, the orders will fail to export. You will receive an error similar to the following:
While trying to Add a(n) ItemDiscount with name or order number of orderdiscount, QB responded There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Account "Sales" in the Item Discount. QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list. You need to update your chart of accounts with us.
Run a Refresh Drop-downs
You will need to be in single user mode logged in as Admin for the following steps
To run a Refresh Drop-downs , follow these steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Go to the Dashboard and find your specific connection. Click "Refresh Drop Downs".
- Run the web connector by checking off the appropriate connection, and clicking update selected
- In your Connex account, go back to the Dashboard. Click manage.
- Expand Orders > Sync Orders to QuickBooks > New Order and Product Accounts
- Choose a new account from the dropdown. Click Save located at the top of the screen
Can't find what you're looking for? Let us help you right now!