Add fees and match all the sales associated with a payout in QuickBooks
What are the prerequisites?
- You must have the silver plan or higher to use our match deposit tool.
- Our deposit match is incompatible with split shipments from Amazon. Split shipments have the same order number and different dates. Connex may fail to sync some of these sales. While the deposit will locate all sales, some split shipments might fail to match. We recommend using our Amazon settlement report summary instead.
You must map the order ship date.
- We highly recommend using sales receipts for the Amazon sync.
- Log into Connex, click "manage"
- Expand orders > sync orders to QuickBooks > transaction.
- Choose sales receipts and click "Save Settings".
Note: If you do not map the Ship date as the order date, the order dates pulled into QuickBooks will be much earlier than expected, leading to failed deposit matching.
We check about 15 days back from the settlement end date. Amazon exclusively shows shipped orders in this report. If you created an order weeks / months before it was shipped (lets say, if it was backordered) we cannot find the order.
- Customer has a Amazon Settlement report from 3/1 - 3/14
- Order #123 in the settlement was created on 1/1, and shipped 3/10
- Connex asks QuickBooks for all orders created between 2/27 - 3/16. Since order #123 was created on 1/1, it will not be listed.
- Error log will show an error similar to this:
|Connex cannot find a sales receipt or payment with the order number or memo #123. Connex will not match the deposit on 3/14/2021.|
How do I install the connector?
This guide assumes all the sales associated with the Amazon payout already exist. The guide assumes that your Amazon connection is set-up and running. If not, read this guide and set-up the amazon.com connection. If you paired the Amazon settlement, you must pair the Amazon.com connection. The deposit match will fail, if Amazon settlement is set-up only.
All sales must exist in undeposited funds. First, verify this setting. Then, enable the deposit match:
- Log into Connex.
- Next to your Amazon connection, click manage.
- Click orders > sync orders to QuickBooks > new order and product accounts.
- In the order deposit account field, verify the setting is undeposited funds:
- On the left hand side of the screen, choose orders and match deposits:
- The guide assumes the connection name is amazon.com. If you chose another name, you may choose it from the menu. In the wizard, choose amazon.com:
- Enter the day before the deposit was made and click preview:
- You should see a deposit. Click submit.
- Run your web connector.
- Check for the deposit. If it is missing, click dashboard in Connex. Check the error log.
What does the deposit look like in QuickBooks?
Here is an example from QuickBooks Desktop.