Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
How do I map the shipping cost from ShipStation to QuickBooks?
Set-up Connex to map the field
Map via the Rules Engine:
- Go to Connex and click Rules Engine -> My Rules
- Click "Add New Rule"
- Choose the template named "Map field to another field regardless of condition"
- Give your rule a name, and copy the screenshot below:
- The result of this rule can be viewed in the Order Previewer. (This customer's "Shipping Incl Tax" was previously set to ~38 dollars before rule was applied)
Is there a demo?
Here is a demo about income, COGS, and shipping costs:
How do the fields map?
Connex will map the shipping cost field to a QuickBooks line item:
How do I instruct Connex to update existing sales with the shipping cost?
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage.
- Expand orders > sync orders to QuickBooks > sync manually to QuickBooks.
- In the order status field, enter awaiting shipment and shipped.
- Expand orders > sync orders from QuickBooks.
- Select update shipping cost and tracking number:
Connex will automatically update the sale, after it syncs to QuickBooks. Our tool receives the sale before and after it ships.
How do I map the shipping cost and what the customer paid in QuickBooks?
Connex can send either the shipping the customer paid or your shipping cost to QuickBooks. As a workaround, you can enter your costs in bulk:
- Obtain a statement of how much your costs were for a month. In this example, we accumulated $100 for shipping costs in a month.
- Log into QuickBooks.
- Go to lists > item list.
- Find your shipping item.
- Assign a shipping income account:
- Go to vendors > enter bills.
- Enter a bill for the costs. Choose an account for the expense and enter the full amount.
- Save the bill.
- In QuickBooks, go to reports > company and financial > profit and loss standard.
- View your report. Notice the shipping income and the shipping costs accounts.