Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
- Channel Advisor
- Amazon Settlement Report
- Other Partners
- Connex Match Deposit Tool
- Connex Spreadsheet Import Tool
- Roaster Tools
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
How do I map the payment reference number?
You can map the order number, but each payment must equal the order total.
By default, Connex matches the payment reference number from your order to the QuickBooks reference number field. This is ideal because payments will have unique reference numbers and an invoice can have multiple payments.
How does Connex match payments?
If you resync an order, Connex will match the order reference number to the payment reference number. Most reference numbers are the transaction ID from your payment processor. It usually begins with ch_ if you use Stripe or it's nine digit code. Connex mapped the payment ref number instead of the order number, so payments could be unique. Connex will assume that a payment matching the ref number is a duplicate.
How do I map the order number to the payment reference number field?
Invoice totals and payments must be identical. Also, it might be harder to reconcile because the payment transaction ID is missing from the order. Here are the steps:
- Log in to Connex.
- Click "Rules Engine" from the left-hand navigation.
- Click add rule.
- Add this rule: