Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- Orders from QuickBooks
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
How do I map tax as a line item as a journal entry for QuickBooks Online?
How to add tax to a liability account in QuickBooks Online
How do I add the tax?
Whether you add tax as a line item or use a code, QuickBooks places funds into sales tax payable. If you use QuickBooks AST, you can no longer map codes. You can use AST or map as a line item, if AST is incompatible.
In this example, we will change the income account of the sales tax item to sales tax payable.
- In QuickBooks Online, find the item whose name is SalesTax.
- Click edit.
- Ensure its income account is sales tax payable:
- In QuickBooks, view your sales tax liability report and verify the amounts are correct.