- Help Center
- Rules Engine Guide
- Common Rules
Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
- Connex for QuickBooks Product Overview
- Getting Started with Connex Desktop
- Connex Quickbooks Online
- Customers Matching
- Inventory Site
- Inventory Sync
- Price Levels
- Purchase Orders
- Sales Tax
- Sales Orders
- Sync Orders from QuickBooks Desktop
- Unit of Measure
- Web Connector
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
- Upgrading QuickBooks
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
How do I map Shopify tags, using the rules engine?
Creating rules to map Shopify tags to QuickBooks
You are matching the Shopify tag to the QuickBooks customer name field. In Shopify, the tag is Amazon. In QuickBooks, the name is Amazon.com.
This rule maps any selling channel containing Amazon to Amazon.com in QuickBooks:
- Navigate to the Connex Dashboard.
- Click Rules Engine > My Rules.
- Click Add New Rule.
- Choose Map field, based on condition.
- As the action, choose Map Selling Channel.
- In the rules grid, set the field to check to be Order Tag. Enter Equals as the comparison and enter Amazon as the initial value. If your order has multiple tags and you want to compare one of them, use contains.
- Save the rules form.
- In the What should the value be? area of the rule, enter Amazon.com.
- Select Submit.
Once this is done your rule should be all set and ready to help automate your orders. You can use our order previewer to check and see if the rules changes have taken effect as desired.