Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
- Connex for QuickBooks Product Overview
- Getting Started with Connex Desktop
- Connex Quickbooks Online
- Customers Matching
- Inventory Site
- Inventory Sync
- Price Levels
- Purchase Orders
- Sales Tax
- Sales Orders
- Sync Orders from QuickBooks Desktop
- Unit of Measure
- Web Connector
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
- Upgrading QuickBooks
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
How do I map sales tax codes to QuickBooks Desktop?
Connex for QuickBooks allows you to match existing QuickBooks tax codes based on the city, county, or state to QuickBooks.
Enable QuickBooks Desktop Sales Tax
If you use QuickBooks Online, then skip this step. To get started, sales tax management must enabled in QuickBooks, even if your company charges does not charge sales tax.
- In QuickBooks, click Edit > Preferences;
- next, click Sales Tax > Company Preferences;
- Click Yes to 'Do you charge sales tax?'.
- Add a default tax agency:
- When asked to make items and customers taxable, click OK.
Map Tax Codes in Connex
Now that we have some tax codes, for U.S. customers, let's map existing QuickBooks sales tax codes:
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage.
- Expand orders.
- Expand sync orders to QuickBooks.
- Expand sales tax.
- Next, click +Add New Code:
Select the appropriate code from the drop-down and fill the remaining fields:
What if my new tax code doesn't appear in the list?
You may need to refresh your drop downs. See this article for more information.
I use QuickBooks Canada. How do I map tax?
The process is the same as the U.S. tax codes. There is no need to map city or county. You can map a code, region, and enter CA as the country.