You can upload a bulk list of rules into Connex for QuickBooks. The most common is a one to one mapping of SKUs, though you can upload a list of any rules.
If your product SKUs match your QuickBooks item names, then there is no need to create a mapping. Here is the QuickBooks name column:
Here is an example SKU:
Connex can match a QuickBooks name, even if its located underneath a parent item. In this example, Connex received an order with JoeBook1. Connex would locate JoeBook1 under Books:JoeBook1 and add it to QuickBooks.
Many customers use these spreadsheets if they have no SKUs or if their online store, like Amazon, generates SKUs different than the QuickBooks item names.
Getting Started with SKU Mapping
Here are the steps:
- Go to the Connex rules engine bulk upload page.
- Download the sample CSV.
- On the left column, enter the QuickBooks item name. On the right, enter the product SKU from your online store.
- Upload the spreadsheet:
- Login to Connex
- Click on 'Rules Engine' at the top
- Click the green, "action" button
- Click 'upload"
- find your saved file and click "submit form"
- You will see your products in the list
Can I map products from QuickBooks to my syncing solution?
Yes, this is feasible. When you upload the CSV, you instruct Connex the map to value is the QuickBooks item name. In this example, we will compare the QuickBooks item full name, which is the parent and child item, to an ordering solution:
- Go to the Connex rules engine.
- Click action and export.
- Insert a row on the top.
- In the first row, add the values from the first row of this sheet. This rule instructs Connex to compare the QuickBooks full item name.
- In Connex, click action and delete all rules.
- Go to the upload page in Connex.
- Upload the spreadsheet.
How do I test these mappings?
Here are the steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage.
- Go to Connex task page.
- Delete the OrdersToECommerce task.
- In QuickBooks, modify some orders.
- Run the web connector.
- Go to the Connex order previewer.
- From the first drop down, click map from QuickBooks to test syncing from QuickBooks. To sync to, select map to QuickBooks.
- Click submit.
- Click the details tab of any row.
- You will see the correct SKU.