Our ordering solution sends the custom field with its line items.
In this example, we will create a custom field on the QuickBooks product level called total round. In QuickBooks, the line item will have total round populated. Please contact us about mapping custom fields to line items.
How do I add custom fields for line items in QuickBooks?
Here are the steps:
- Log into QuickBooks.
- Go to lists and click item list.
- Double click an item.
- Click custom fields.
- Add a field called total round.
- If your ordering solution sends no value and you enter a default one in the item list, then QuickBooks will always display it.
How do I map the custom field from my ordering solution to QuickBooks?
In this example, our ordering solution's custom field name is rounds. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Connex rules engine.
- Click action and add new rule.
- Add this rule to map total round from your website to QuickBooks.
How do I display the field in QuickBooks?
We will use a sales receipt in this example, but invoices and sales orders will work. Here are the steps:
- Open a sales receipt in QuickBooks.
- Click the formatting tab.
- Click customize data layout.
- Click columns.
- Check total round.
What is my ordering solution custom field and QuickBooks custom field name are different?
If your ordering solution custom field name is different than total round, click map from. Replace total round with the custom field name.
What if I want to map fields from the order to line item custom fields?
If you want to always map discount code, make these changes:
- Click action and advanced.
- Click the map to link.
- Change the object type to order.
- Click submit.
- Click map from.
- Click edit.
- Change the field to order discount.
- Click submit.
- Here is the end result in QuickBooks.
What does 'The specified custom field cannot be used by the list or transaction element' mean?
Your custom field exists on line items, instead of the order level. Fields on the order are order number and order date. Field on the order item are item name and item description.