Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
How do I map a deposit account, based on a payment method?
In this example, we will map PayPal to the the PayPal deposits account.
How do I set up the rule?
Here are the steps:
- Navigate to the Connex dashboard.
- Click Rules Engine on the left and select My Rules.
- Under Rules, click Add New Rule:
- Under the header, "Type of Rule", select Map Account from the drop-down list:
- At Add Rule Name, type in the name you would like this rule to have. We recommend informative titles such as "Map PayPal Payments to PayPal Deposits Account".
- For the action you would like it to take, select Map Order Deposit Account
- In the conditions grid, select Add and specify what scenario needs to take place in order for the Rule to take effect.
In this example:
- Field to Check should be Payment Method
- Comparison should be Equals
- Initial Value should be "PayPal", (Which means the Rule will run on all Payment Methods that are equal to "PayPal")
- The Conjunction does not need to be changed.
- Select Update.
- At the last step, "What should the value be?", type in the Deposit Account that you would like this order to apply to.
(Hint: When typing, you will see a drop down of Deposit Accounts stored in your Connex account that match your typed text.)
In this example, the Deposit Account name should be "PayPal Deposit Account":
If you do not see your intended Deposit Account on QuickBooks Desktop, then you will need to create it / verify it exists, and refresh your Chart of Accounts
If using QuickBooks Online, make sure the correct account type exists.