Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
- Amazon Settlement Report
- Channel Advisor
- Custom Store
- Magento 2
- Match Deposit Tool
- Other Partners
- Roaster Tools
- Spreadsheet Import Tool
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
How do I map a deposit account, based on a payment method?
In this example, we will map PayPal to the the PayPal deposits account.
How do I set up the rule?
Here are the steps:
- Login to our software.
- Click Rules Engine on the left.
- Click My Rules:
- Under Rules, click Add:
- At Rule Type, click Map Deposit Account from the Path drop-down list:
- At Add Rule Name, type in the Name you would like this Rule to have. We recommend informative titles such as "Map PayPal Payments to PayPal Deposits Account".
- At Perform Action, ensure "Map Order Deposit Account" is selected from the Action drop-down list:
- At Conditions, Click "Edit" and specify what scenario needs to take place in order for the Rule to take effect.
In this example, the Field should be Payment Method, the Map From should be "PayPal", the Comparison should be "Equals" (Which means the Rule will run on all Payment Methods that are equal to "PayPal"), and the Conjunction does not need to be changed. Then, click Update:
- At Map To, type in the Deposit Account that you would like this order to apply to.
(Hint: When typing, you will see a drop down of Deposit Accounts stored in your Connex account that match your typed text.)
In this example, the Deposit Account name should be "PayPal Deposits":
If you do not see your intended Deposit Account on QuickBooks Desktop, then you will need to create it / verify it exists, and refresh your Chart of Accounts
If using QuickBooks Online, make sure the correct account type exists.