- Help Center
- Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
- Connex for QuickBooks Product Overview
- Getting Started with Connex Desktop
- Connex Quickbooks Online
- Customers Matching
- Inventory Site
- Inventory Sync
- Price Levels
- Purchase Orders
- Sales Tax
- Sales Orders
- Sync Orders from QuickBooks Desktop
- Unit of Measure
- Web Connector
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
How do I map the currency code of the store, instead of what the customer paid?
Mapping currency codes with our rules engine
What systems support this feature?
We support Magento and Shopify. If you use another system, please contact us.
How does it look?
Out of box, our tool maps the currency code that the customer used and the amount. This is bad because when you reconcile, the amounts must match your home currency. You would have some sales in USD and some in EUR.
In this example, we will map $415.41 to QuickBooks instead of the 504.10 USD that the customer paid. Here is the Shopify sale:
How do I enable this feature?
You must add a rule. This instructs Connex to map the amount the customer paid in their home currency:
- Login to Connex.
- Click rules > my rules on the left.
- Click add new rule.
- As the template, choose start from scratch.
- As the action, choose map currency code.
- In the comparison, enter order currency code as the field and map all:
- Leave all other fields blank.
- Finish the rule.
How do I map these sales to different asset accounts?
QuickBooks Online allows only one currency per asset account. In this example, we will map the USD sales to an account called USD asset in QuickBooks:
- In the rules engine, click add new rule.
- In the template field, enter map deposit account.
- In comparisons choose order currency, equals, and USD.
- In map to, enter USD asset.
- Finish the rule.