Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
- Connex for QuickBooks Product Overview
- Getting Started with Connex Desktop
- Connex Quickbooks Online
- Customers Matching
- Inventory Site
- Inventory Sync
- Price Levels
- Purchase Orders
- Sales Tax
- Sales Orders
- Sync Orders from QuickBooks Desktop
- Unit of Measure
- Web Connector
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
How do I integrate Avalara?
Since Avalara is managing Sales Tax Payable, there is no need to use QuickBooks tax codes. Our tool will add tax as a line item. You must change a setting in Connex to map tax to all line items and change the item for sales tax mapping.
Do you integrate with Avalara?
You can use QuickBooks tax codes to group tax by city, county, or state because you want to pay tax agencies. If you wanted to pay Massachusetts sales tax, then you must aggregate the total Massachusetts sales. Since Avalara will pay tax agencies, there is no need to group sales tax in QuickBooks. You can add tax as a line item.
Many of our customers have a QuickBooks and Avalara plugin. This software reads QuickBooks sales and copies sales to Avalara. For the integration to work, all lines must say taxable and a line saying Total AvaTax must exist with the total tax. Here is an example:
How do I map sales tax to Total AvaTax?
Contact Avalara and ask if you need this line item in QuickBooks. If not, just add tax as a line item.
Here are the steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage.
- Expand orders.
- Expand sync orders to QuickBooks.
- Expand sales tax.
- Check add tax as a line item, if it is not already checked.
- Check use Avalara to manage sales tax.
- Click save.