Connex uses a default inventory site. You can use our rules engine to override it.
Your stock updates fail from QuickBooks to Shopify and you get this error in the log:
An item cannot be active at more than one location if one of them is a fulfillment service location.
Shopify supports multi location inventory. Our software sends the Shopify product, its new stock level, and the Shopify location where inventory is located. By default, our software uses the default Shopify location for your store. If you have a fulfillment location, you must override the logic.
There are two ways to solve the error. You can map certain products to certain locations or map the QuickBooks inventory site to Shopify.
We will say if the product SKU is 2.05.00132, then map LGP-Warehouse as the Shopify product location. Mapping a warehouse like ABC123 will cause the update to fail, since the product is only available at the LGP-Warehouse and the SLS-Warehouse fields.
- In Shopify, open the product.
- Open the locations.
- Note what locations are available. In this case, you can send LGP-Warehouse or SLS-Warehouse:
- Please note mapping a location under app will fail. Your inventory location must be available under locations:
- Go to the Connex rules engine.
- Click add rule.
- Choose map field, based on a condition.
- Enter map product as the action.
- In the rules area, click add.
- Enter SKU, Equals, and 2.05.00132.
- Enter LGP-Warehouse:
Enable sync inventory by site
Our tool will map the QuickBooks inventory site location to the Shopify inventory site field. No rules or additional set-up is required. If you have 5 widgets in your Boston site, then Connex will map qty of 10 to Shopify's Boston site. Here is an example of what Connex would send to Shopify:
To map inventory by site, follow these steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage.
- Expand inventory > advanced inventory.
- Under inventory sites to export, select a list of sites:
- If no sites appear, click update drop downs on the top right of Connex.
- Ensure your QuickBooks inventory site and Shopify inventory site names are a match.