By default, customers can deposit all payments or sales receipts into undeposited funds. You can deposit some orders into a credit card asset account and PayPal orders into a PayPal account.
Default Order Deposit Account
You should create a catch-all account for all payments or sales receipts. We recommend using Undeposited Funds. To adjust the default account, here are the steps:
- Login to Connex, click Manage next to your Selling Channel.
- Expand Orders > Sync Orders to QuickBooks > New Order and Product Accounts
- In the Order Deposit account field, choose an option
- Save Settings
Create Deposit Accounts
If you have not already, you need to create asset accounts to deposit the orders. Here are the steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to the gear box > chart of accounts.
- Next to an existing account, click edit or click new to make a new one.
- Change the account type and sub type to other current assets:
How do I change the deposit account dynamically?
In this example, we will map PayPal sales to an asset account called PayPal:
- Login to Connex.
- On the left, click rules.
- Click my rules.
- Click Add New.
- Choose Map field, based on condition and Advance.
- For the action, choose Map Deposit Account.
- Click Add under Conditions.
- Choose payment method, contains and enter PayPal:
- On the last step, enter the deposit account to map to. Connex will try to find a similar name in QuickBooks:
- Finish the wizard.
- pp_ca.jpg (30 KB)
- curr_code.jpg (40 KB)
- method.jpg (50 KB)