How to use Connex and eBay
Is there a demo?
Here is a demo:
How do I pair eBay?
Here are the steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click add new connection.
- Choose eBay.
- Click pair QuickBooks.
- Click the button to sign into eBay.
- After sign in, you are redirected to Connex.
- Complete the install wizard.
Do you support deposit matching?
Connex can match deposits from PayPal to eBay sales. For more information, read this guide.
Do you support VAT and Canada Taxes?
Yes, we support them. If taxes are missing, ensure the eBay order has a tax rate on it and ensure the customer is set up to pay VAT. Orders with no tax rate shall sync as 0% Z. Here is an example of a tax exempt order that will show 0% Z in QuickBooks.
How does your tool map the order number?
Out of box, our tool maps the sales record number from eBay to QuickBooks. It is usually a four digit number. If you want to map the eBay order number field, follow these steps:
- Login to Connex.
- On the left, click rules engine.
- Click add.
- Select map fields conditionally.
- Add this rule:
How does your tool match eBay products?
Our product matches the QuickBooks item name field to the eBay SKU field. To enable the SKU field on eBay, please follow these steps:
- On your eBay account, go to click on My eBay.
- Click Activity.
- Click Selling Manager Pro:
- On the left, click inventory.
- On the right of the product inventory grid, click customize:
- Add the custom label field to the list of visible fields.
- Click on apply changes:
- Click on the custom label to assign a unique SKU to your products on eBay:
Can I map the manufacturer part number to the QuickBooks item name?
If the item has a field called MPN or manufacturer part number, then our tool will map the field to the QuickBooks item name. No settings changes are required.
Sync Inventory from QuickBooks to eBay
Our software matches the QuickBooks item name field and the eBay SKU field. If there is a match, our tool will send the inventory. Our tool queries recent inventory updates in QuickBooks and syncs them to eBay. In your eBay user preferences, please enable out-of-stock control so our product can send 0 as the quantity-on-hand.
Multiple eBay Stores
If you have multiple stores, you need to change the URL field. Each URL and username combination has its own unique settings. Change the URL to http://www.ebay2.com and so on.
You must export orders when they have shipped and include tracking details. Here are the steps:
- Login to our software.
- Click manage.
- Expand sync orders to QuickBooks.
- In the order status field, enter completed.
How do you handle partial refunds?
Connex will clear all the line items and just show one item called partial refund for many reasons:
- If you perform a $10 partial refund on a $100 order and there is more than one line item, what gets refunded?
- If you gave $10 back and the customer kept the product, then you want no restock.
Here is the end result:
I charge VAT, but my orders still say 0% tax
In eBay, change all of your listings to charge VAT. On the bottom of each eBay sale, you should say a tax rate. Connex will assume that all sales are tax inclusive and map the rates properly. Zero tax means none of your listings are VAT inclusive.