This article gives you step by step instructions for creating orders in QuickBooks and having them appear in ShipStation.
How does Connex check for duplicates?
Our tool uses the order date, order number, and order store name to check for duplicates. If you modify your settings to move sales to a different store or you modify the order date, then you will get a duplicate order in ShipStation. The most common reason for duplicates is changing the order date in QuickBooks. Any sale that is modified in QuickBooks is resent to ShipStation.
In QuickBooks Desktop, here is the ship date field:
How do I set-up Connex?
If you are starting fresh, choose sync orders from QuickBooks at the install wizard. Answer a few brief questions to get started.
If you have an existing connection, follow these steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage.
- Expand the sync orders from QuickBooks manually.
- Check the box for sync orders from QuickBooks.
- To sync the shipping cost, shipping date, and tracking number, select the first field. To sync the details without the shipping cost, select the second field.
- Choose the types of transactions to sync.
- We highly recommend adding a class called ShipStation to each sale. You can elect to sync no class, if you choose.
- Expand the first section of our configure page.
- In the order status field, enter shipped.
- In the store name field, enter the manual orders store from ShipStation. These last two steps instruct Connex to sync shipped orders to QuickBooks.
- Expand the transaction area.
- Select invoices, since you are syncing invoices from QuickBooks.
Here is a screenshot of the sync orders from QuickBooks area.
You must create an invoice or sales order in QuickBooks. It must have a class called ShipStation. Here are the steps:
Each order must have a class called ShipStation. To enable class tracking in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences > accounting > use class tracking for transactions.
- Create a new invoice or sales order in QuickBooks and mark the class as ShipStation. If you were syncing to another selling channel, such as ShipRush, enter ShipRush as the class. The class must match your selling channel.
In QuickBooks, create a new invoice or sales order. Here is an example order:
The email and phone number should exist under the QuickBooks customer record:
You must run the web connector to send orders to Connex:
- In QuickBooks, go to File > Update Web Services.
- Next to Connex, check the box on the left.
- Click update selected.
If you have auto run enabled on the web connector, you could wait for it to run. Updating or creating an order in QuickBooks will cause the web connector to send the order to us for processing.
Here is an example order syncing to ShipStation:Can't find what you're looking for? Let us help you right now!