How Connex matches by name and email
QuickBooks Desktop allows us to match customers by customer name only. If you are matching customers by name, you can have two customers with the same first and last name. QuickBooks only allows Connex to match customers by name. Connex can match the name and then the email.
How do I enable the setting?
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage.
- Expand the customer section.
- Expand advanced customer.
- Check match customer name and email:
- Choose whether to add a new customer or to add the sale to a generic customer:
How does it work?
In our QuickBooks, there are two records that say John Smith:
Here is an overview:
- Connex asks QuickBooks if any customer names match John Smith.
- Connex returns two records.
- Connex enumerates through the two records and finds the customer whose email matches QuickBooks:
- Connex associates the order.
Can Connex check the CC email field?
Yes, the CC email field will be checked.
What if my emails in QuickBooks are comma separated?
Connex will check if one of those emails match the email on the incoming sale.
If no customer with the email exists, what will happen?
Connex can create a new customer or add the sale to a generic customer, usually web store. Here is how the options work:
Add New Customer
Connex will append the email to the customer name. Here is an example:
Add Sale to Single Name Customer
The QuickBooks customer name field is unique. If Connex finds no match between the customer name and email, then Connex will add the order to a default customer called web store:
From there, you can click the customer drop down on the order and change the customer record:
The order details and address will remain intact, even though the order exists under another customer.