In general, there exist numerous reasons why the Connex Match Deposit tool may fail to create a deposit in desktop versions of QuickBooks. Essentially, Connex fails to match deposits in QuickBooks, resulting in the deposit not being created and error messages in the Connex transaction log.
Common causes include, but are not limited to:
- Incorrect set-up, such as use of an unsupported deposit account.
- Incorrect set-up, such as use of an unsupported transaction type.
- Connex is unable to find or match orders due to order numbers not matching.
- Order number is too long (i.e. more than 11 characters).
- The deposit already exists in QuickBooks for that time period.
- Confirm that all orders are deposited into undeposited funds. Login to Connex. From the dashboard, click Manage. Expand Orders > Sync Orders to QuickBooks > New Orders and Accounts. Under deposit account, choose "undeposited funds." You will have to wait for the next deposit, if you selected another account.
- Confirm that sales receipts or invoices with payments is your transaction type. Unpaid invoices and sales orders are unsupported. To verify, login to Connex. From the dashboard, click Manage. Expand Orders > Sync Orders to QuickBooks > Transaction.
- Product Matching. If you are using the setting "Flag order as Error and Map" (ensuring that orders that contain products that do not exist in QuickBooks will NOT sync) check your Connex Log for errors. There may have been orders that exist in your deposit, that did not sync. Also, check Product Matching and see if there are new products listed that need to be mapped. Once you have created products, resync those orders and then attempt to match deposits.
- Confirm that the order status field is clear. Login to Connex. From the dashboard, click Manage. Expand Orders > Sync Orders to QuickBooks > Sync Orders to QuickBooks Manually. Clear the order status filter. If you wait for orders to ship, then they could be missing from QuickBooks after the payout is made. For more information regarding the order status filter: How do I filter orders by status?
If you sync orders using the next QuickBooks number, then Connex matches the QuickBooks memo field and the order number.
- If you use invoices, do all the payments for payout exist in QuickBooks? The memo field should equal the order number. If you use Stripe, then the memo field should equal the Stripe transaction ID that begins with ch_.
- If you use sales receipts, do all the sales receipts for payout exist in QuickBooks? The memo field should equal the order number. If you use Stripe, then the memo field should equal the Stripe transaction ID that begins with ch_.
- If you use sales receipts and the order number is longer than 11 characters, confirm that the QuickBooks memo field equals the order number.
- For Amazon, the date of the sales receipt or payment should fall between the 14 days of the settlement report.
- In QuickBooks, go to your Chart of Accounts. Does the deposit already exist?
- Log into Connex. On the left-hand side, click Orders > Match Deposits. Start by selecting a listed integration. On the date page, choose a date range. Click Preview Orders. Do you see deposits? For example:
How to contact us for support?
We need the steps to reproduce the error:
- On the match deposits page, what date did you try?
- On the left of Connex, click log. Do you have any error messages related to the deposits? If so, what do they say? Please send us the errors. If the log is empty, change the dates on the match deposit tool. Click submit. Run the web connector.
If still unsure what information to share when contacting support, please click here.