Our tool can pull your PayPal settlement report and match the order numbers with fees to a recent PayPal deposit.
You must purchase PayPal Manager. This tool gives you access to the settlement report that our software can download.
To obtain PayPal Manager, follow these steps:
What is PayPal Manager?
Use PayPal Manager, the web-based administration tool, to process transactions manually, issue credits and generate reports. The online help of the PayPal Manager website describes how to use it. If you have access to PayPal Manager, visit manager.paypal.com and sign in. If you reach the next screen, then you have fulfilled the requirement.
How do I pair the connection and set up the match deposits tool?
Follow these steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click add new connection.
- Choose PayPal on the next screen.
- Complete the form with your credentials. Contact PayPal to obtain them:
- Partner (usually PayPal
- User name
- Choose match deposits as the sync direction.
- Complete the form.
How does the integration work?
In your settlement report, there is a field called PayPal transaction ID. We map this field to the QuickBooks payment memo field. If a QuickBooks payment memo matches the PayPal transaction ID, then our tool associates it with a PayPal deposit. Here is a screenshot of the QuickBooks Desktop payment memo field:
Does this work with Shopify?
For Shopify, you must select invoices and payments as your transaction mode.
Our tool must pull each PayPal payment individually. This means you can sync about 200 orders in a batch before the sync would fail. Contact us about enabling a setting to pull the PayPal payments separately for each order.
Does this work with eBay?
You must add a rule that maps the PayPal ref. no to the QuickBooks order number:
- Log into Connex.
- Click rules > my rules on the left.
- Click add.
- Select start from scratch.
- As the action, choose map order number.
- In conditions, enter reference number as the field and map all as the comparison. Leave other fields as is. This will instruct Connex to always map the ref. no to the order number field.
- Save the rule.